Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Getting the ball rolling....

Kelly's 1st time to the BIG APPLE
The Dillon family has arrived! 
  The taxi man that picked us up at the airport could not believe the amount of bags this crazy familia travels with!  He did say that he wished he was part of our family though...all the noise and laughter kept him in a cheerful mood! Thank you Eric from Ghana AKA Mr. Taxi-man, for being so great to us :) We truly appreciated your PMA!
  After unpacking and settling into our hotel room, Kelly decided that she was ready for a banging Thai dinner.  So, after consulting with the concierge, Jonathan, we walked a few blocks to an amazing restaurant on 2nd Ave. in between 72nd and 73rd St. called Viang Ping.  Let me tell you what, that food was GOOD!  So good that we didn't have any room for desert, which is rare in our family...desert is tradition after dinner.
  So, now that I have caught you up to date, I just wanted to say thank you for all your prayers and positive thoughts.  We feel them all around us, filling us with joy and happiness every step of the way. Well, we are off to Kelly's first appointment with Dr. Stieg over at the Presbyterian Hospital and then maybe a nice walk through Central Park. Much love
Ani

12 comments:

  1. Thanks Ani for the updated. thought about u all yesterday (travel day) glad everyone is safe -n- sound in the Big Apple!! A nice walk in central park this time of year sounds nice. praying that the Dr. visit goes well & sending u all positive thoughts, lots of prayers y un abrazo para todos!
    Anyse

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picture. :) Kelly, it's your first time in the big apple??? Uh oh, i watch out NYC!!! :) I love the spirit of New York! You guys are chillin' on the upper east side, uh? Well, i'm keeping tabs thanks to Ani. Best of luck. Thinking of you. Here are more positive vibrations >>>-------->>>
    much love,
    Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Kelly!! Thinking about you and praying for a quick and thorough recovery! Don't forget, I am close by so if you all need ANYTHING while in NYC just give me a call. And I hope I get to see you this weekend. Lots of love and PMA coming your way from us!
    April

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kelly, I've been thinking about you. Glad you arrived safely in the Big Apple. I hope the appointment goes well and I'm sending you positive vibes...ALWAYS:) Love you, girl! Dar

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are sending our love to you and the family, and following the blog. Wish we could be there. Love, Ollie & Leah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey All,
    Hope all went well with the doctors today. We are rooting for you!
    Missing you,
    Las Delarosa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello my love,
    Well, I miss you so much already and keep thinking about you. I hope you have an incredible time up there and I love you very much. MMMUUAAAA, Yoles

    ReplyDelete
  8. You glorious bag ladies made it safely with all of your Panamanian flare... so glad you brought all your stuff! Strut that stuff and keep on radiating all that positive goodness out through the streets of Manhattan! MUAAHHH <3 I cannot stop thinking about how amazing you Dillons are... GO KELLY The Warrior Princess GO! and Ani the cheerleader... and each of the rest of the characters, much respect for you all :) Sending my love across Long Island Sound (remember to come visit CT for some fresh air, aiight?)
    <3~kAtRiNa~<3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kelly, I just heard the news of what you're going through and am sending a big hug & kiss your way from all of us (Jared & my little Bird)!! You ARE a brave warrior and also one of the sweetest souls I've ever met. Thinking of you girl & will keep sending warm thoughts & prayers your way. Enjoy NYC, it's so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am checking Ani´s or Kelly´s blog everyday to keep me up to date; Ani, I think this blog is wonderful, I congratulate you for what you are doing for Kelly.
    Kelly, I am sending you my prayers and positive wishes so you will have a quick recovery!
    Mari and Mark, hang in there and keep the positive thinking! I have a friend, Henry Arosemena who went through a tumor operation in New York a year ago; I gave him your cel phone number Mark, he wanted to speak to you and called you; there was no response and left you a message. His wife Loyra said only she knows what you are really going through!

    ReplyDelete
  11. enjoy nyc! it's awesome! positive thoughts and prayers just for you kelly!
    much love, kathy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Only just found out. Good attitude, positive and upbeat....What strength. Hoping and praying for blessings to go your way and that all ends well. Love, Linda Weldon

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts for Kelly